Under the direction of the Working Foreman or his/her designee, this position assists in maintaining the federally assisted housing properties owned and managed by the Little Rock Housing Authority (“LRHA” or “Agency”). This position cleans dwelling units and non-dwelling areas, helps with the upkeep of property grounds, and performs minor routine carpentry, painting, electrical and plumbing repairs, helping to ensure that LRHA housing is decent, safe, sanitary and in good repair. All activities must support LRHA’s mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements and complies with Agency policies and procedures as related to public housing maintenance, repair and renovation.
- Performs a wide variety of duties involved in the maintenance of interior/exterior of buildings and facilities (dwelling units and non-dwelling areas), grounds, fixtures, and furniture; performs grounds and common area maintenance and beautification initiatives.
- Performs cleaning, painting and minor repairs required for unit turnover/make-ready helping to ensure timely turnaround of vacant units in accordance with Agency policy and HUD requirements.
- Performs all assigned work orders in most efficient and effective manner; completes work orders within timeframe required by Agency policy and HUD requirements.
- Makes daily rounds of housing developments and grounds for general janitorial duties and removal of trash or debris; maintains floors in common areas; cleans and polishes office fixtures and furniture; empties waste baskets, ashtrays, etc.; disposes of trash and refuse; cleans and disinfects public restrooms and water fountains; replenishes restroom and other common area supplies.
- Assists Maintenance Mechanics and Working Foreman as assigned.
- Performs minor repairs.
- Changes light bulbs, fuses, washers, air conditioner or furnace filters, etc.
- Maintains gutters, culverts, or other drainage structures; loads and unloads stone, gravel, dirt, asphalt, trash and other materials.
- Maintains grounds; picks up litter; trims trees; waters grass and plants; sweeps sidewalks and parking lots; mows and edges lawns, rakes leaves; removes snow; salts sidewalks and parking lots when needed; cultivates shrubs and flower beds, etc.
- Conducts preventative maintenance in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance Plan.
- Conforms to HUD’s Uniform Physical Conditions Standards. (UPCS)
- Works emergency and after-hours as assigned by the Working Foreman.
- Performs emergency calls as required; ensures that emergency work orders are abated within 24 hours.
- Informs Working Foreman and/or Property Manager of needed repairs and/or any safety hazards.
- Follows all safety protocols; uses goggles, gloves, safety boots and other safety equipment when required.
- Distributes notices to residents as needed.
- Performs wellness checks on residents; may discover deceased individuals; may be required to clean biohazards that result from violent death or other human death related incidents.
- Maintains records on materials, supplies, equipment, time, and nature and type of work performed.
- Shares information on new techniques/products with other LRHA maintenance staff.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Opened Until Filled)