The Little Rock Housing Authority is seeking an experienced Construction Program Manager to oversee the rehabilitation and new construction activities related to the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) Program and other multifamily projects. The Construction Program Manager will be responsible for a wide array of responsibilities linked to the Authority’s department wide portfolio. The selected individual will work in conjunction with the agency’s executive team, development partners and related third-parties to design, plan and execute all construction activities related to the selected projects.
Brief Job Description:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for managerial and administrative aspects of the Housing Authority’s projects. This includes being proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, safety, and proposal preparation.
- Represent the Housing Authority in the project planning process from conceptual design to construction. Work closely with all professionals involved in the planning, design and constructions phases of a project.
- Ensure that an accurate and complete budget is prepared for each project. Responsible for project budget oversight including the approval of progress payments, change orders, etc. Ensures that the project adheres to the budget and is delivered in a timely manner.
- Represent the Housing Authority in reviewing the scope of work, evaluating methods to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.
- Lead the Authority’s participation in the contract bidding process and selection of subcontractors.
- Conduct bi-weekly job site meetings on site.
- Coordinate with the Site Superintendents to ensure safety, quality control and schedule.
- Conduct progress meetings with the construction team.
- Remain cost conscious and aware of every aspect of the project at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively with everyone involved in the project.
**** Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Four year degree in Construction Management, Building Science, Architecture, or a related field preferred; the equivalence of the study in, or past experience of the construction management field. Three plus years of successful Project Management experience, with the production of residential and/or multi-family unit builds.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Arkansas Driver’s License, and insurable by LRHA
- Must be
- Must be able to pass drug screening, and must not have a history of drug-related or violent criminal
Other Skills and Abilities
Professional highly motivated, self-starting and goal oriented skill level. Individual must possess the excellent ability to acknowledge attention to detail with the emphasis placed on quality. Must be very organized with a systematic approach to achieve task, maintain accuracy and efficiency. Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities. Possess strong computer skills. Maintain an Ethical, Analytical ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints. Highly developed social networking skills recommended. Works well with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform strenuous physical activity which may involve prolonged standing, walking, reaching, bending, crouching, stooping and lying prone. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items of light to moderate weights and may occasionally lift and/or move items of moderate to heavy weights.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works primarily in the field both indoors and outdoors. In the course of daily activities, the employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions, dangerous heights, bio-hazards, field hazards (i.e. structures in disrepair, pets), dangerous chemicals, skin irritants, violations of public health and heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Location: 100 South Arch Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
To Apply:Please send resume to email@example.com