- Schedules and interviews applicants/participants to determine housing needs and initial or continued program eligibility.
- Schedules, interviews and performs annual and interim reexaminations for program participants; initiates and maintains applicants/participants files in accordance with file protocol.
- Schedules briefings and performs group or individual information briefings to explain Housing Choice Voucher program benefits, HUD guidelines, participant obligations, and the leasing process.
- Determines eligibility, issues vouchers, calculates income, rent portions and subsidy amounts
- Refers clients to area social service agencies, education programs and potential employers based on specific needs.
- Coordinates with the inspections staff to ensure inspections are completed
- Prepares monthly/weekly reports.
- Enters data into computer with proficiency and accuracy as necessary.
- Answer telephone inquiries from tenants and property owners.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred); and a minimum of 3 years experience working with the public in social services, housing programs or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.